Dark circles under the eyes are a very common problem for people. Not only do the appearance of them make you look older and more tired, but they also are very difficult to eliminate completely- mostly because they are hereditary. I have been a victim of under eye circles for quite some time now and I have tried everything to get rid of them.
Luckily there are things you can do to help improve the appearance of dark circles and I would like to share them with all of you!
1. Drink lots of water!! It will help rid your body of impurities and toxins causing dark under eye circles and improve the skin under your eyes.
2. Because its impossible to eliminate them, do a great job of covering them up! My favorite concealer tested and true with the most dark circle coverage is I'm Fabulous Waterproof Natural Concealer. I swear by this and you can swim in it!
3. Keep your head slightly elevated at night time by propping it up a little on your pillow. This helps to drain the blood from the areas under your eyes and brighten them.
4. Eat a diet full of watermelon, celery and cucumber which help your body flush out excess water and reduce the darkness and puffiness under your eyes. Eliminate salty, sugary and fatty foods.
5. Limit alcohol consumption- this does make those circles worse.
6. Cucumber slices contain antioxidant substances as well as a lot of Vitamin K which helps blood circulation. Apply two cold cucumber slices over your eyes for 10 minutes and instantly see results. You can do this twice a day morning and night if you have the time!
Mother's Day is observed the second Sunday in May. It is a time to honor mothers, grandmothers, and great-grandmothers for their contribution to family and society. Since it is not a federal holiday, businesses may be open or closed as any other Sunday.
2015 - Sunday, May 10th
Mother's Day originated from mainly two women, Julia Ward Howe and Anna Jarvis. Julia Ward sponsored Mother's Day each year in Boston around 1870 to promote pacifism and disarmament with women. It lasted about 10 years. Anna Jarvis organized the first Mother's Day in Grafton, West Virginia at St. Andrew's Methodist Churchin 1908.
We all know the saying "You are what you eat", but I think what we put ON our body is just as important as what we put IN our body.
What you put into your body through your mouth gets filtered through your liver before it enters your blood stream. What you put on your skin, your largest organ, goes directly into your blood stream.
This is why it is so important to start to turn your beauty routine into a green routine.
With over 10,500 ingredients used in cosmetic and skin care products, we only should be using skin care products that are synthetic free, natural or organic.
You should stay away with the following chemicals for your health and well being.
1. Triclosan-is a common antimicrobial agent that accumulates in our bodies and has been linked to hormone disruption and the emergence of bacteria resistant to antibiotics and antibacterial products. Along with its negative health effects, triclosan also impacts the environment, ending up in lakes, rivers and other water sources, where it is toxic to aquatic life.
2.Sythetic Musks-Synthetic musks are a large, poorly-studied class of chemicals added as scents to cosmetics, including perfumes, lotions and many other personal care products. Several studies suggest some of these compounds may disrupt hormone systems or trigger skin sensitization when exposed to UV light (i). Synthetic musks identified in fragrances have been found in the cord blood of newborn babies (ii), as well as in blood, breast milk and body fat.
3. Formaldehyde and Formaldehyde Releasing Preservatives-Formaldehyde and formaldehyde-releasing preservatives are used in many personal care products (i), particularly in shampoos and liquid body soaps. These chemicals help prevent bacteria from growing in water-based products, but can be absorbed through the skin and have been linked to both skin sensitivity and cancer.
4. 1, 4-dioxane-Very few, if any, cosmetics or personal care products list 1,4-dioxane as an ingredient (i), even though an analysis by Campaign for Safe Cosmetics co-founder the Environmental Working Group suggests that it may be found in 22 percent of the more than 25,000 products in the Skin Deep database of cosmetics products (ii). That's because 1,4-dioxane is a frequent contaminant of common cosmetics ingredients (iii), but as a contaminant it is not listed among intentionally added ingredients.
5. Hydroquinone-Usually associated with use in skin lighteners, hydroquinone may also be a contaminant in other cosmetics ingredients. It's one of the worst ingredients used in personal care products and may disproportionately affect women of color, who are more likely to be exposed to hydroquinone if they use skin lightening products.
6. Phalates-One billion tons of phthalates are produced worldwide each year. Phthalates are used in a variety of common consumer products: they soften vinyl plastics that are common in toys, are responsible for the smell of new vinyl shower curtains and are a frequent component of fragrances used in air fresheners, detergents, cleaning products and more. They show up in cosmetics to hold color and scents, and have also been found in nail polish and treatments. Two decades of research suggest that phthalates disrupt hormonal systems, which can cause harm during critical periods of development.
7. Parabens-Parabens are used to prevent the growth of microbes in cosmetic products and can be absorbed through the skin, blood and digestive system (i). They have been found in biopsies from breast tumors (ii) at concentrations similar to those found in consumer products (iii). Parabens are found in nearly all urine samples from U.S. adults of a variety of ethnic, socioeconomic and geographic backgrounds (iv). Of greatest concern is that parabens are known to disrupt hormone function, an effect that is linked to increased risk of breast cancer and reproductive toxicity.
8. Lead and Other Heavy Metals-A number of metals, including lead, arsenic, mercury, aluminum, zinc, chromium and iron are found in cosmetics ranging from lipstick to whitening toothpaste, eyeliner, nail color and more. Metals have various properties in the body. For instance, iron is necessary for blood oxygenation. However, at higher accumulations, metal may have negative effects. Cancerous breast biopsies show higher accumulations of iron, nickel, chromium, zinc, cadmium, mercury and lead than non-cancerous biopsies, and several metals act like estrogen in the presence of some breast cancer cells (iii).
9. Nitrosamines-The UK Department of Trade and Industry (now the Department of Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform) characterizes nitrosamines as more toxic in more animal species than any other category of chemical carcinogen (i). Nitrosamines are common in cosmetics, but because they are impurities, they are not listed on product labels. Numerous studies and databases link nitrosamines to cancer. They are listed as possible human carcinogens by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the International Agency for Research on Cancer, the U.S. National Toxicology Program Report on Carcinogens and the California EPA Proposition 65 list of chemicals known to cause cancer or birth defects. In addition, there is some evidence of endocrine disruption at very low doses. Studies have also linked nitrosamines to developmental or reproductive toxicity, immunotoxicity, neurotoxicity and systemic toxicity.
10. Sulfates- Sodium lauryl sulfate, a detergent thats in approximately 90% of commercial shampoos. Also known as sodium dodecyl sulfate (SDS), sodium laureth sulfate (SLES), and sodium laurel sulfate (SLS). Studies show this chemical has been shown to cause:
Irritation of the skin and eyes
Neurotoxicity, endocrine disruption, ecotoxicology, and biochemical or cellular changes
I'm Fabulous Cosmetics make cosmetics that are fresh, wholesome + safe to wear -- so toss your toxic, old, gross makeup and experience I'm Fabulous Cosmetics. Vegan friendly, natural + cruelty free; our makeup is made in small batches.
Airplanes are moisture-sucking monsters. Even a few hours of being exposed to a cabin’s ultra dry air are enough to sap your skin, never mind a long distance flight. It’s no wonder we land looking decidedly duller than when we took off. Luckily, a few hits of anti-aging hydrating tonic every hour or so are all you need to get your glow back
Sure, you could cram five items into your cosmetics pouch. Or you could add just one. Most hydrating creams act as skin perfectors, primers, moisturizers, sunscreens, and foundations, making them multitasking makeup superstars that should definitely get a first-class ticket on any trip.
Bathe your complexion in an incandescent glow and experience the refreshing sensation of this sheer, cream luminizer. Wear it alone or under or over foundation to glow like a goddess. It also multi-tasks as a cream eyeshadow or primer. Add a dot to the center of your bottom lip to create the illusion of a fuller pout.
Sweep this blush directly onto the apples of your cheeks and blend in the cream formula with your fingertips for a rosier complexion. It creates a flush that’s packed with a pop of color for a natural-looking glow. It also doubles as a sheer lip stain.
It’s a given, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t take pause before adding your favorite mascara into the mix. We often switch from an everyday formula to a waterproof one when we hit the road. That way we’re covered, should we find ourselves stuck in a rainstorm while walking along the Avenue Montaigne or the Wall of China. In a pinch, we also used mascara as liquid eyeliner.
Those gorgeous fragrance bottles on your vanity are great, but when you want a scent to go, pick up one in a rollerball package. These slender vials easily slip into your bag and will never seep or spill, which means you can smell as lovely in your own zip code as you can in zip codes yet to explored. We love our St Barth Beach Fragrance, organic.
Almost as thin as your passport, this portfolio of six makeup brushes is specifically designed to go places. We even tuck in a few Band-Aids, Q-tips, and packets of Advil so it can double as a first-aid kit.
TRAVEL MANICURE KIT
Don’t be distracted by that chipped nail or stray brow hair when you should be focusing on having fun. This six-in-one grooming kit lets you take care of business and move on to more important things. We even add a needle and bit of thread to the kit for emergency sewing repairs.
The first and most common cause of eye wrinkles is aging.
age it is normal to have wrinkles not just on eyes but also on your
neck, face and so on.
As we age, our skin, especially in the sensitive parts loses elastin
and collagen. This make it to thin, get creases more easily and
permanently as well as have lesser moisture.
The various constant facial expressions is another main cause of eye
wrinkles. As you laugh, squint or smile, your eyelid skin tends to get
creases and with time, this will cause eye wrinkles.
To some people the causes of wrinkles under eyes are hereditary. People
whose eye wrinkles are caused by genetic factors often start having them
at young age. Some of the genetical factors that contribute to under
eye wrinkles include the amount of skin that someone has, natural oils,
elastin and collagen quality, among many other factors.
There are many procedures, which are used for eye wrinkles treatment.
Each of the methods has its own advantages and disadvantages. Ensure you
understand what each method entails before you invest your money in the
specific treatment you have chosen.
massively talked about active ingredient Syn-ake® works like Botox, by
inhibiting the release of neurotransmitters which cause facial muscle
tension (fine lines & wrinkles). With the muscle contraction
inhibited, fine lines and wrinkles are visibly reduced. So a bit like
the action of Botox - without the needles and pain. Syn-ake® is
scientifically and clinically proven to reduce wrinkle depth
and quickly! Add to this the other wrinkle busting ingredients and you
can declare war on your wrinkles and frown lines.
effective, efficient, unique. Peptides in this unique suspension
stimulate collagen 1, collagen 111, and elastin fibroblasts. This
stimulation supports the healing and repair response in the skin,
increases skin thickness, refines the appearance of wrinkles, evens skin
tone and texture, and restores elasticity and firmness to the skin.
Hyaluronic Acid, periwinkle, licorice, and MSM ensure that deep
penetration below the upper dermal layers transform crepe paper skin
into healthy, resilient, and firm skin around your eyes.
be worn over foundation or on bare skin. You'll simply look like
you...only flawless. Extreme CloseUp HD High Definition Mineral
Finishing Powder: Created for Hollywood actors and actresses who need to
look good under the scrutiny of the new high definition cameras.
formula won't dry skin. Translucent and perfect for all skin types and
skin tones. Made of pure mineral silica powder.
beads produce a "soft focus" effect which reduces the appearance of
blemishes and fine lines and gives the appearance of a perfect radiant
complexion. Sets foundation and leaves a natural, matte finish.
Dermatologically tested. Made in the USA."
amazing pure mineral makeup was created for Oil-control proportioned to
optimize oil-control, They are able to absorb 7 times their weight in
oil and sebum.
It wicks-away moisture from the skin, absorbing it and releasing it as a vapor.
Scatter light on the face to reduce the appearance of fine lines and they boost SPF.